Mindfulness Meditation Classes
Based on her teacher certification training and her own meditation practice, Karen offers a variety of mindfulness meditation class series. Themes include:
- Mindful Presence
- Mindfulness of Breath and Body
- Loving-kindness Practice
- Mindfulness of Thoughts and the Mind
- Mindfulness of Feelings and Emotions
- Compassion for Self and Others
Potential Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation include:
• Responding more skillfully to stress
• Managing health challenges more effectively
• Experiencing more energy and zest for life
• Increased ability to cope with psychological symptoms
• Cultivating more kindness for self and others
Through the training and practice of mindfulness meditation, we can learn ways to be more grounded in the present moment, ease and nourish our hearts and minds, and build supportive connections with others. Karen presents Mindfulness Meditation courses in which she incorporates teachings (including current research on benefits of practice), guides experiential meditation practices, responds to questions, as well as provides time for community building.
Karen has been practicing Mindfulness Meditation for several years. Most recently, she engaged in a 2-year Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Program led by psychologists Jack Kornfield, PhD and Tara Brach, PhD. As a result of this training, she will receive her teacher certification in the tradition of Insight Meditation in January 2021.
To schedule a Mindfulness Meditation class for your organization, please contact Karen. Classes are $45 per person with a minimum of 6 participants and a maximum of 12 per class. Classes can be customized based on your organization’s individual needs.
“Between the stimulus and the response there is a space, and in that space is your power and your freedom.”